&*@%^#$!: back up your bookmarks..

&*@%^#$!

"im gonna hand code my site and put it up.." yeah right

Name:
Location: Chi-burbia, Illinois, United States

big dreams, poor decision making abilities. "it's like having a jet engine of a mind and an ox-cart of a body"

29 August 2007

back up your bookmarks..

go, do it, now.



ok. so SOMEthing in my firefox wanted an auto-update. usually, they go smoothly. but this time around.. eeeeeeverything went back to it's own presets, INCLUDING the bookmarks folder. granted, i was pretty much asking for this seeing as i had ..wow 34 extensions installed [holy.. wtf 1 sec]
..ok just whittled that down to 22. yeah still alot but that's why ffox is cool; they're all functional. but yeah- if you've ever seen me in person surfing los internets, you'd know my crazy extensive folders upon folders upon poorly-organized folders of bookmarks is my livelihood. so that 15min or so panic attack i just was NO fun, lemme tell ya. LUCKILY, i remembered i had a "recent" backup.. which i just now found and restored a good 99%, i think. thing is, theey're recent as of the end of JUNE, so although i'm relieved most are back.. that super geeky part is still mourning those last 2 months' worth of links lost. i really gotta do that weekly and keep it on one of those usb keychain drives.

this wasn't nearly as interesting as i thought it would be. whatever

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I'm letting Google Browser Sync take care of backing up my FF bookmarks, and del.icio.us takes care of the others. I'd have them all in del.icio.us except that I haven't bothered to post my FF links since the "do not share" option became available on del.icio.us.

8/29/2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've backed up my bookmarks using JayJayOh 2.0. Everytime I need to get my bookmarks back, I send in a request via email and I get a reply with an html attachment. LOL

8/29/2007 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home